22 Sep Time to Get Real
Over the last 6 months we have been coaching businesses and people from all different industries and walks of life. The ones who succeed are the ones that implement the new and embrace change.
Albert Einstein once said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results”. If you have been hit hard by Covid and your business is going downhill, it is time to go against all your odds and take a drastic step.
In our experience there are two types of clients. There are people that want the change, and there are people that want everything else to change around them. It is time to take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself, “what can I do, to better my situation”? It is not easy, nor does it come naturally. Here are 10 steps to get yourself ready to act:
1. Take full responsibility for your situation (Yes, even if it is partly caused by a pandemic)
2. Identify the biggest problems and prioritise the top three (financial, business model, target market, delivery, staff, timing, systems, etc.)
3. Write down 3 possible solutions for each (see three steps at a time, not the whole staircase)
4. Talk it through with a mentor, coach, fellow business owner (you may be eligible for funding)
5. Be willing to listen (be open towards other perspectives)
6. Implement, implement, implement (otherwise you may as well leave it)
7. Re-evaluate after each step (identify if it works for your business)
8. Keep yourself accountable by sharing your plan (friend, coach, mentor)
9. Note any changes (good and bad)
10. Be decisive (the longer you wait, the least chances you have)
It is easy to get overwhelmed but remember that every single step takes you closer to a better outcome. If you are serious about your business, it is time to get real. Refine, repeat, succeed!
Let’s show the world how resilient we are, how we support each other and how we can create our own success story. Don’t give up, keep persevering, but be crystal clear about the direction you are taking. Be true to your values, your skillset, and remember what you would like your customers to experience when they walk through your door. Incorporate something you enjoy and align your business goals with what inspires you personally.
There is no alternative to success if you are willing to be honest with yourself and work hard at it.